Zoom download and installation instructions for Windows computers using the Internet Explorer browser.
If your host is using our Zoom platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. Zoom only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install Zoom when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us at [email protected] (please include your timezone and that you want to test Zoom).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install Zoom" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a guest for an upcoming session, you can download Zoom from the "Waiting Room Page", using the "Install Zoom" button in the lower-left hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download Zoom" button in the lower right-hand corner.
3. Along the bottom of your Internet Explorer window, click "Run."
4. When prompted for permission to install, click "Yes".
5. When the installation is complete, you will see this screen.
6. Go back to Internet Explorer to launch the video app.
- If you are an account holder, click "Enter Meeting" (below left)
- If you are a participant, click "Enter Waiting Room" (below right)
7. Once your host connects to you, you may be prompted to choose how to enable your audio. Click "Join with Computer Audio" to use your computer's microphone and speakers.
- TIP: Check the box next to "Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting" before clicking the green "Join with Computer Audio" button to avoid having to confirm this every time.
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on July 11, 2016.